An 8-week mindfulness program to calm inner turmoil,
build emotional resilience and find peace of mind
Starts 5 February 2024
A Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) program, the Strong Heart, Kind Mind course offers a scientifically-proven way to accept yourself, with practical steps to become more confident, less self-critical and kinder to yourself.
Research shows that the ability to develop mindful compassion towards oneself and others has a profound impact on our minds, health and happiness, and on those around us. When we respond to ourselves with compassion and kindness in times of difficulty, things start to change.
We can learn to embrace ourselves and our lives, and provide ourselves with the strength needed to thrive.
Research shows that self-compassion helps us to process our negative emotions better and leads to less self-criticism, depression, and anxiety (Barnard and Curry, 2011, Leary et al., 2007, Neff, 2003). Those who have followed compassion courses have found it to be “immediately applicable in situations of deep suﬀering.” (Schuling et al., 2021)
- increased happiness
- reduced anxiety, stress and depression
- increased social connectedness
- good mental health
- a stronger immune system
- improved medical outcomes
- improved daily positive emotions
- increased life satisfaction
Who is it for?
Being harsh on ourselves and feeling stressed is all too common. This course will benefit anyone interested in the healing power of mindful compassion
For those who are
- finding it difficult to cope with the many challenges, threats and distractions of our modern world
- suffering (or want to avoid) burnout, or other stress-related health problems, such as depression, anxiety, overwhelm and fatigue
- looking for ways to deal more wisely with stress
- desiring a healthier balance between caring for others and yourself
- seeking sustainable ways to cultivate more kindness, happiness, health and harmony – at work, at home, in your relationships
- Mindfulness practitioners and teachers
- Coaches and therapists
- Teachers, trainers and workshop leaders
- Yoga practitioners and teachers
- Holistic practitioners and healers
Some familiarity with mindfulness is welcome.
Here’s What You’ll Receive in the
Strong Heart, Kind Mind Compassion Course
1. Eight-Week In-person Training with Wendy Sturrock
Over the course of 8 weeks you will attend weekly in-person training sessions in a safe, supported environment with a small group. Wendy will guide you on a journey as you learn to develop a healthier relationship with yourself; one of warmth, security, acceptance and connectedness. You will follow practical steps to become more confident, less self-critical, and kinder to yourself.
2. Private intake call
Before starting, Wendy will call you up to give more information about the course, find out more about your individual needs and goals, and allow you the opportunity to ask questions and make sure this course is a good fit for you.
3. Safe Space and Supportive Small Group
During the meetings you will connect with other participants in your local area, and from around the world. Within this safe, secure environment you can share your experiences and insights, and be inspired by the reflections of others as you progress through the course material.
4. High-quality Workbook and Downloadable Meditations
We use the highly regarded, peer-reviewed book*: A Practical Guide to Mindfulness-Based Compassionate Living – Living with Heart by Erik van den Brink & Frits Koster. An invaluable resource to enhance the learning experience, the workbook gives access to transcripts and downloadable audio exercises (28 guided meditations), as well as worksheets to explore experiences during exercises. Down-to-earth and accessible, it offers engaging examples, poems and stories to encourage the reader on their life-changing journey.
*participants need to buy their own workbook. Available online for €30
On successful completion of the course your efforts are recognized with a unique One Love Mindfulness signed certificate.
“I felt at ease for the duration of the course. I liked the small group environment and safety to share our unique perspectives. There was a sense of warmth, peace, and togetherness.”Josephine
What’s Inside the Strong Heart, Kind Mind Curriculum
Here’s what we’ll be covering in our live sessions together
- Wired to Survive: how we have evolved; threat, drive and soothing systems
- Embracing Inner Demons: threat and self-compassion
- Treating Habits Kindly: untangling desires and patterns
- Out of the Mud Into the Light: embodying compassion
- Receiving and Giving with Every Breath: self and others – widening the circle
- Making Friends for Life: growing happiness
- Heartful Mind, Mindful Heart: weaving wisdom and compassion into daily life
- Healing Life: living with heart
What One Love Mindfulness Students are Saying:
“I’m grateful for the personal guidance and tips from Wendy.”
“Thank you for your time and expertise. I feel lucky to have you as my teacher. I truly believe that your guidance will make a big difference in my journey towards a more peaceful and fulfilling life.”